Tuesday 20 March 2018

An artistic personal excerpt


1.  An artwork by me. 



This is a painted I created a couple of years ago. It was inspired by an surrealist image that came into my head. As an artwork, the image is open to interpretation by each viewer, seen through the lens from which they perceive the world. To me (at the time of painting it), the rainbow at the end of the path way was a mirage; the joker enticing the people, mocking them, as no matter how closer they got, it was still out of reach. For that, I named it 'Chasing the Rainbow'. I look at it now though, and I feel warmth. To me now, it represents a brighter future, and walking to a goal, or getting nearer to something beautiful. The other components of this painting were chosen because they were things I liked: the rain, the little cafes and the tables outside, the dim street lights that paved the way at night, and the colourful buildings that you would find in small towns in Italy.

2. An image of great Architecture.


Here is an image of what I find to be one of the most beautiful and intricate creations in classical architecture. This is the Palazzo Poli, a building in Rome located behind the infamous Trevi Fountain. In my eyes, it a magnificent piece that truly shows what the incredible architectures of the time were capable of creating. The amount of comprehensive detail (figures, script, dentil ornament, coffers, etc.) in the building makes it very engaging, and to me, quite aesthetic, too.

3. A beautiful photograph


Here is an unfiltered photograph that I took on my phone of a lake in Wollongong, in January 2014. I would go past this lake every time I went for a run and was always stunned by nature’s beauty. In this one shot, you can see the calm reflection of the sky and trees in the lake on that early evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment